Thursday, August 5, 2010

A word of advice, for me, from me, to me...I suppose.

I'm hiding, and with that lack of effort you'll never find me. I'll appear before your very eyes in ways that bring you great embarassment, I'll rise up with such intensity that you'll fail to control me, but when I've finished my tirades and spats I'll retreat to my concealed shelter. I'm here, that's for sure, you know I'm here somewhere, but you're no good at bringing me out. Not only that, but your sad imitations are laughable. Don't give up though, you're doing a horrible job going on without me as it is, you definitely need me.

It seems you've found a way to bring me out, it seems you are more aware than I thought possible. With that sweet sounding strumming and soulful singing I am brought out into the open for your to experience and express me honestly. Your life and all the worries associated with it seem to evaporate and your become lifted to this higher place whenever I'm around, addicting isn't it? You'll chase me, there's no doubt, but eventually you'll plunge back into the monotony of life and you'll neglect any need you have for me.

I'm here right now, though, and you're enjoying it. Pity that I'm not around in other areas of your life, they could really use me. I make you better, not worse. Stop running from me and try to embrace me a little bit, see where that gets you. All the hurt that you may think I bring is nothing compared to the great joys you'll experience through me. Think it over, you know how and where to find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment