Sunday, October 3, 2010

The last light

I'll miss you.

I try not to think about it.
I tell myself its far away,
that there's no use counting the days.
But the truth is,
not a second goes by unnoticed.

You've given my life its direction.
You built me from foundation up,
from moments of incoherent babble,
to a deeper sense of moral, social, and ethical beliefs.
You're the reason I am myself.

I pledge to commit our every moment together to vivid memory.
To tell those to come of your true self.
To imitate your laugh, to mimic your many quirks.
So fear not of fading away,
your spirit will forever shine bright in me.

My only hope is that some day I raise one like you've raised me;
I dream to know this joy.
If I may instill any level of admiration as you have,
I'll fear nothing, not even death.
For I too will live on, bright as day, in the memory of those I lived for.

No comments:

Post a Comment