Thursday, November 11, 2010

What Remains

A million thoughts a week keep me up at night.
For necessity, desire, progression and sustainence, I ponder.
On all topics, about all people and for all purposes,
my thoughts reign.

But sometimes, feeling overwhelmed, I purge my mind of all its contents.
When I clear my mind, you're all that remains.

The one thought I cannot expel, and the one I'll forever protect.
I'll live for it, repeat it endlessly and perish in its absence.
It is the direction of my affection,
the light in which my soul dwells,
to utter it is never enough, as my words fail to communicate its majesty.
A million tears are shed in its joy,
lives tremble in its presence.

Let me ever express this thought.
Overwhelm me with its presence.
Vow that with each day it grows,
Ever stronger in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment