Sunday, November 4, 2012

Self-introduction

I wake up, and I do it all again, yet life somehow feels like a progression. In the time it takes for my mind to reflect on its own growth, I've been busy developing beyond the point at which introspection began. I'll never fully comprehend the person I've become, and that is utterly dissatisfying. With each pause, each gaze inward, I am introduced to a new me. It's as though my soul is waiting for the cognitive update, allowing itself to grow and adapt, yet restricted to its former capacities until I've hit refresh. It's great to constantly be introduced to an ever changing self, but it certainly limits my capacity for a fully integrated integrity. Who am I now? I am both asked and I ask this of myself, without appreciation for the complex inquiry this poses. It's a great question, and I am as thrilled to give a thorough account as one may be to receive it as I rediscover aspects of my shifting self. I'm a guitarist, now. I'm a Christian, now. I'm a husband, now. I'm a man with hair too long, ambitions too limited and a future all too uncertain to be comfortable, though I'm a man who doesn't appreciate comfort all that much as it is. As I grow tired, and the day reaches its end, I prepare myself to reset the clock until such a time when...

No comments:

Post a Comment