Friday, March 19, 2010

Take your time

If I had more time, things would be different.

With just a couple more seconds, I'd come up with something brilliant.
All the world's greatest thinkers would stuggle to compare to my innovation. I'd conceptualize cures for uncurable diseases, I'd provide prose unparalleled by professionals, I'd solve the unsolvable equations and problems of the logical world.
With just a couple more seconds, I'd be a genius.

With just a couple more minutes, I'd never show up late.
I'd be punctuality personified, never missing a chance to brighten up a room. I'd take my time passing flashing lights, stop and smell the roses, and already be awake and smelling the coffee. My life would be full of after-you's and go-ahead's.
With just a couple more minutes, I'd always be there for you, right when you need me.

With just a couple more hours, I'd be the world's best friend.
Time would be made for all who need it. I'd hear out everyone's problems, and stay by their sides with a shoulder, some tissues, and a head full of advice. There would be no friendship heirarchy, as all would be equally important in my eyes. You'd feel loved and embraced as an individual, and never feel you're wasting my time.
With just a couple more hours, I'd show I care with sincerity and conviction.

With just a couple more days, I'd live a life fulfilled.
There'd be no regret as I wake up thankful for everything I have, and certain of tomorrow's coming. I'd be fearless, jumping at opportunities and looking while I leap, just to enjoy the view. My life's accomplishments would live through me and in me, without a worry of whether they'll be there when I'm gone. My lifetime would be a legacy in itself, regardless of where and when I end my time on earth.
With just a couple more days, I'd make the most of every hour, minute, and second.

And yet, while I propose such an idea I'll never grasp, hope dawns upon me. Each moment in the near future is a moment of a couple more. Each second, minute, hour, and day is granted in addition to what I have now. Time isn't working for or against me, it works with me to form this person I desire to be.

Now is as good as ever to take a second to be brilliant, take a minute to be punctual, take an hour to show I truly care, and take a day to be all that I've ever wanted to be. With each moment that approaches, I can now take my time.

2 comments:

  1. Matthew,

    Thanks for this. Is there anyway you could put a RSS suscribe botton on your blog so I could suscribe? That way, whenever you update...It'll come to my daily reader.

    Love this blog man. Well done!

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to the whole process, how do I go about setting that up?

    ReplyDelete