Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Follower (unfinished/rough work)

I was born to be a follower,

No,
responsibility is not a skill to be trained or maintained
so shift blame
from my shoulders, help me stave off this boulder
of burden.
If the doors open I'll surely walk in, but I need a leader for this process to begin.

And it's not just any leader that's worthy to follow,
any pill that i'll swallow, or any party we'll all go
to support.
Suppose this individual with influence infinite should be in it to win it,
not spin it to emit half-truths of bull spit with the goal of opressing all who submit.
Not just any who will lead is worthy to follow.

But yet, with the path well worn do I continue to trace tracks set before me.
With a naive joy do I embrace the same ploy,
cause to lead isn't in me, and I've got to follow somebody.

No comments:

Post a Comment