Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Just felt like writing...

I'm one person. One sole individual with many parts uniting to form the existence that I subjectively experience from day to day. I am an athlete, a student, a son, a brother, and a boyfriend. I am all of these many roles that I function in, and I do so in a consistent, steady manner. That "me" that you saw yesterday, the day before, and the very day we met exists in as much of me as I ever have. I believe in my faith, I have strong convictions in my beliefs and morals, and I live out my life with integrity.

No you don't. Don't listen to him, his mouth spouts such optimistic, idealistic drivel that he'll encounter anything with a smile. He's not always like that; all upbeat I mean. Sometimes when he's off staring into the clouds, I creep in and reek havoc. It is me that causes him to question his "roles", his "beliefs" and the people he "loves". Not only do I get him to ask questions, I get him to do all sorts of things. The types of things that would turn his face bright red, that's all me. The best part is he's in such denial of my existence that he blames it all on himself. I'm not saying the guy's innocent, but it's just funny to see the extent at which he'll lay the blame on himself. This guy's so easy to sway and manipulate, how could I help myself?

Okay, so I'm not perfect. Well, actually, far from it. There are times when I feel so out of control, I don't know what to do. I know that if I just grit my teeth and work through it, I can make any situation work out in the end. It's just really hard when it doesn't. I've got two feet on which to stand, and the strength to do it all myself. I'm a work in progress, but I'm still me. I can do it, don't worry about me.

It is not worry that you see from me, but concern. All the problems you face, all the mistakes you make don't have to be laid on your shoulders alone. Ignore the voices and pressures pulling you different ways, seek the voice of your Father for guidance. When you put yourself at such a distance from Him, his voice may not be the first thing you hear, nor the loudest, but it will always provide the most strength. He knows your pain, he knows your struggle, and he cares. He rejoices in your successes, suffers in your struggles, and wishes for the greatest things for you. It'll always feel easy to stand on your two feet when you're propped up by pride and self-reliance, but in the end you'll always fall. He doesn't want to see you fall, and He'll always be there to help you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment