Friday, February 19, 2010

The Process



While I've got you here, have a listen. I find that for me, writing and music go hand in hand. The right song clears my mind, puts me at ease, and gives me all the inspiration in the world. From an external source, inspirations can be such odd things. How some people can simply look upon a picture, a scene, or hear a song, and then produce something unique as a result is a pretty amazing thing. People always wonder what the value of the arts is. Even I used to question what real value they have.

People say they build culture, that they make people more well rounded and open minded. These for me are sort of those 50% answers; they are good, but not good enough. If nothing else, art is a process. I look upon what you produce, I encounter it, and then in turn produce something of my own. The truly great works manage to somehow transcend this process, make it into the mainstream and stand alone in their greatness. I don't think I'll be producing any of those works any time soon, but it's nice to think of myself as included in the ongoing process. Hopefully you great reader folk can be inspired by this idea, and this song, enough to give yourself a place in the ongoing cycle of what is art.

No comments:

Post a Comment