Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More old poems

Upon first glance you know me.

You know nothing of my past
and nothing of the person inside.
None of my hopes, dreams or aspirations.
Where i'm from or where i want to go.
The man i am nor the man i hope to become.

Yet you are so certain you know me,
not only me, but my type.
You see me as you see them,
your eyes not searching for a person,
but rather a label to fulfill.

Prepackaged as your label comes,
so too do those whom you brand.
Without personality,
such blank, empty lives
waiting for you to tell them who they are.




down the road of darkness,
we walked alone, hand in hand,
i held you close as our lips met,
to the the sounds of a soft melody surrounding us,
our last dance,
as the song fades away,
so too does our love, as our souls drift gently apart
headed for different roads, different hands, and different songs.




You ask me who am I?

Well I’m whoever you want me to be

I'm that line in a movie,
Just a phrase or a line,
not real or genuine,
But I’m the line that you just can't get out of your mind.

I'm that song you just can't get out of your mind,
the rhyme that replays eternally, with you it's entwined
until you realize that it's time to sing to a new tune
discard the old, cause what's new will join it soon,

I'm what's new, what’s in, the craze of the year,
what captivates, enthralls, what seems sincere,
but rest assured, I’m nothing more than an audible mirror
reflecting what you want to see, and what you want to hear,

I hide myself in visions of what appears to be great
to you, I’m just someone that you need to create




Perfection...
it scares me, feels unnecessary,
makes impossible seem i ought to where be,

In her, it's hard not to envision perfection,
it seems that no progression can be made in her direction.
it's pure affection, certain to end in pure rejection,
with no objection, if only for that one sign of detection
of the way i truly feel.

Yet see, as before, i'm not content with perfection,
perfection seems to me to be an infection,
festering in minds desperate for acception,
changing who they see in their day-to-day reflection.

But back to her, if we're all flawed, how can i express
all the near perfection that she must possess, unless,
the only way to do her justice is to suggest,
not flawless - i guess...but made with one flaw-less.




my witty shroud of double meanings
carefully applied to flee dangerous moments
and protect me from a painful scenario
thats harder to face than a false reflection.

like a grain of sand upon a beach
my sentiment is lost,
replaced by the face of humor,
it's easier to laugh at nothing, than suffer in something.




Talk to me bout morality,
set me free from obligation,
free from responsiblilty and judgement.
Guide me towards a life of greed, sin and lust,
cause this gratification surpasses any devinity.
Let me live my life for now, after all, now is my time.
Impatience mixed with a lack of faith brings me to my heaven,
where rules don't apply, you live to get high,
causing death to come soon, but keepin you out of the sky.

Or....

Talk to me about morality,
where in reality, there is no immortality.
The next hit or gun clip serves up the next fatality,
Where choices shine through to affect vitality,
and the hatred, sex, and drugs mess with your mentality.
If going with the flow will perpetuate nomality,
What's right about a world spawning spiritual lethality?




Essen-tially, i make no sense till it gets made of me,
afraid, comprehension can't be laid on me,
practically, every joke has been played on me,
fade on me, stray from me, n untill another day, stay away from me,
lay no aid on me, free to put it on myself, see,
cause on myself i place the blame when it aint all glee.
n it aint ever all be-cause to a degree,
i guess, i never will know who to be, be-yond,
the "gee, i ought to agree", work too hard to disagree,
work too hard not to be free,
Work too damned hard to see me centsless, defenceless,
not just stressed now, but a future tense, dense, mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment