Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Less old poems

Used to be controlled by my feelings till i freed 'em
said goodbye to love and care cause i don't need 'em
but freedom is the sum of what we're bleedin,
mixed with the chance to live and breath as we please. One
moment a component isn't pleasin'...
if freedom isn't free to control seasons
then what's the reason to do away with feelin's?
If love for you is in the tears forced from my eyes,
then i'm tormented here until each droplette dries.




see, it's late night and i'm up late right,
when a stray sight hits me, though a straight sight.
it's straight fright, straight, as in, real frightening,
to see so much of me flash before my eyes like lightening,
my senses now hightening, i investigate a vision,
plunge myself in with precision, running through my inquisition,
identity is the subject, of which i am compelled to investigate,
is the i who i am i supposed to tempt this fate?
or supposed to close this gate, stomp the toes of those i hate?
those who impose till froze i find my state,
mind freezing in a state of disbelieving, mischieving,
is a mind freezing worth mine seizing for the sake of appeasing?
mine imploding and eroding to make hard times easing
pain. The slowed foe, still pulling and squeezing,
till torn or worn, my mind explodes, finds itself coughing and wheezing,
wide eyed, i can stare at the world, and at last start breathing,
by Your side, my stride at last has meaning.




When I'm all alone, and i gaze upon the sky at night
I see a black, empty place filled with little lights to fill in gaps
I see a bright moon reflecting the light of the distant stars
I see all that is there for what it is, a black canvas filled with distant objects...

Yet...

When you're by my side, and i look up at night
I see the sky we fell in love underneath,
I see the sheer luck i possess to have found love in someone so perfect,
I see the future of our love lasting longer than all the stars in the sky combined

with you by my side, i see the world for what it really is...
with you by my side, my life is complete...
with you by my side...i don't know why I'd be so foolish as to gaze away into the sky anyways
cause with you by my side, the sky gazes down upon us envious of the brilliance of our love.




See, my hell is a place where my mind is dead,
and i see myself failing over and over in my head.
My hell is a place where my mind is dead,
images of failure playing on and on in my head.

My hell isn't so much what i make it as,
it's what it takes as rakes away at my mental path.
Disillusioning me to believe that I'm worthless,
And in believing this I only find it hurts less.
My hell, see it breaks me down deep,
shakes my foundation, and it removes all sound. Sleep,
never comes as i'm always conscious,
always adjusting to patterns of this self-disgust.
In my hell, nightmares are always welcome,
trying hard to devise a way to make my mind numb.
In this place, to every face belongs a race of hate,
erasing fate as they press on embracing irate spates of sin,
and just while i begin to let my patience grow thin,
i start to lose myself and find that I fit right in...
in my hell.




Be heroic,
remain stoic,

you know the drill,
perfectly still,
as i chip away with hammer and chisel.

upon the stage do you sit,
void of intellect and wit,
grace and beauty, you emit
without room for brains to fit.

You are woman, you are man,
far admired `cross the land,
for your smile and for your tan,
though not true you understand.

Like a masterpiece on wall,
your figure is displayed for all,
from the spring on to the fall,
you hold your place within the hall.

The time then comes, when you grow old,
your figure no longer mine to mould.
What`s left for all to behold?
is all that glitters truly gold?

A dusty statue, a true upset,
for all your beauty, they forget.
And it becomes yours to regret,
that beauty was your greatest threat.

No comments:

Post a Comment