Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Poems of old

Here are some REEEEEALLY old poems I've written and filed away. They vary in quality and such, enjoy!

Dévotus

Sitting here thinking of the cards been dealt,
Concealing the feelings long since felt,
Again thoughts of you make my heart melt,
And I'm stuck with myself to blame

Sitting here thinking of your eyes so blue,
Recalling me falling madly for you,
Pledging my heart and love to be true,
And I’m stuck with myself to blame

Sitting here thinking of the good and bad,
Abusing and losing the love we had,
Here I am left with thoughts painful and sad,
And I’m stuck with myself to blame

Sitting here thinking of the tears once cried,
Wondering, could I bring myself to your side?
Knowing you'd leave, no matter how hard I tried,
And I’m stuck with myself to blame

Sitting here thinking of mistakes once made,
Crying, slowly dying, wishing you'd stayed,
Knowing your love and trust I’d betrayed,
And I’m stuck with myself to blame

Sitting here thinking of all that's been done,
Realizing goodbyes sting now that you're gone,
Where two stood strong, stands a shattered one,
And I’m stuck with myself to blame



Trapped
inside my shell of doubt,
I stand protected from the world,
from the deceptions of life,
The most dangerous places can
seem so safe.
You see nice enough,
join me won't you? It's
lonely in here.
Be the one in whom i confide,
burdens grow heavy on my shoulders alone.
But once you're in there's only one way out,
leave if you wish, leave me here,
broken,
with the pieces of my shattered trust.



The ink flows as freely as the thought
that drives it towards the edges of
the pages in an effort to say all
that needs to be said before
the ink dries up and the
page is left empty
or looked upon
as another
wasted
idea



The clock nears noon,
and with every tick the pace quickens.
Yesterday seems but a faint memory of the distant past,
The child within forced to grow and prepare
for a world unknown.

The leaves change color and fall,
flowers bloom in a meadow reborn,
the sun sets slow in a sky on fire with vibrance,
time makes short work of nature's beauty

The clock chimes as hats soar in the distance.
stages are crossed, speeches read, futures planned.

A feeling long since felt returns.
The staggering uncertainty of that first step;
an uneasy leap into the arms of faith,
with the clock ticking too fast to be caught.



I pause, enjoy, reminisce, then go back to life.
Back to a fast paced, impersonal city life.
A life where the people all look the same,
where days speed by like a passing car,
and where beauty has gone ignored.
Replaced by the cold, hard look of the future,
in a world such as this, sometimes
we all need to take a break, slow down, and appreciate
the natural beauty left unnoticed for so long.
Before I head back into this lonely world,
I pause, enjoy, reminisce, then go back to life.



I miss the way our hands fit together,
like two halves of a whole destined to be united.
Once pulled apart; representing nothing but
a broken heart.

I miss the way we used to talk,
about nothing at all, or all that mattered.
Once made quiet; I desire
never to speak again.

I miss the way you used to smile,
bright enough to engulf the night sky.
Once frowned away, allowing darkness
to consume our lives.

I miss the way things used to be,
sharing our lives, all the pain and joy.
Once departed, destroying what we
always hoped to have.

But most of all,
i miss the way you used to miss me.

No comments:

Post a Comment