Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Paradise

Your embrace is my paradise...

your smile the sun; glimmering golden rays of warmth.
On a beautiful day with clear skies I can see for miles.
I watch envious of the horizon, yearning for its closeness to the setting stars,
but settling for my place, knowing it's right where you want me.

With a shudder I feel the cool breeze of your breath upon my neck.
Your whispers soothe my stormy states and carry them away with the wind.
I desperately try to clasp your secrets as they're breathed upon me,
and even as they slip through my fingers, I grasp their meaning firmly.

And when the elements attack; when storms rage and winds howl I don't seek cover.
I face the torrents head on, bearing the stings of the heavy beads of sorrow.
I endure the storms because they're as much a part of paradise as the sun,
while their chaos spawns hurt, their calms provide clarity.

Sometimes this place becomes so cloudy that I struggle to see the sun.
There are times when I feel so alone that I turn from all,
left to myself; isolated and abandoned at my own request, I become lost.
Alone, I drift away from the shore, further and further from land...


Until suddenly your waves grab me, hold me firmly, and pull me back ashore...

...back to land, back to paradise, back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment