Monday, May 31, 2010

Woo Hoo!

So what started as a side project that I thought I’d discard has grown immensely. In fact, in the past week the number of followers I have has grown by over 30%. That's right, I'm up to 3 followers (excluding myself). If this isn't cause to celebrate, I don't know what is. Beyond the amount of actual declared followers, I have reason to believe my unregistered fan base is hovering somewhere in the thousands, but there's just no way to prove it. Oh well, you thousand or so, I urge you to sign up and follow in the legit way for the entire world to see.

Rain, rain, go away, etc. It's not that we don't appreciate what you do for us; it's just that your presence is somewhat of a buzz kill that extracts the joy from the hearts of children and adults everywhere, no offense. This week I'll be active(r) than the last, and I could really use some sunshine. I've got soccer tonight and Wednesday, volleyball Tuesday, and maybe I'll do some biking scattered throughout the week if I can afford to get my bike all spiffied up. So yes, as I say, rain could you please depart for our summer vacation? Thanks.

I'm finding lately that people generally expect you to be free whenever they are. The exception to this seems to be when they're getting paid to meet with you. I wish my friends would call me like my dentist. The receptionist is so flexible. She'll call me up, make an appointment with me whenever I can make it in, and won't for a second expect me to change my plans. She'll even call me the day before to confirm that I'll be there. She's just too kind, or I suppose she would be if it weren't her job; if I weren't paying for the service. But really, there's something that can be learned from this way of being. I bet you there aren't too many people who bail on their dentists; who make plans and then ditch at the last minute without letting them know. It's as though nobody wants to do the work unless it's their job.

Whenever I blog a legitimate blog, I love to follow the same format. From what's humorous, light, and surface to what's deeper, more serious and on my mind. Allow me to continue. I'm growing up. No, this is no Fischer Price commercial, but I'm a rather big kid now. Not only that, but my life is growing with me. We're aging together. I'm this portion having all the fun, living life with more freedom and joy. My life carries along all the bills, appointments, etc. We work together, but I never want to be reduced to my aging life. It's becoming increasingly obvious to me that in the next few years I'm going to add such drastic changes to my life that there's a chance that I am affected and changed by it all. Of course I expect my life to change, and I expect my life to add all sorts of new things, but I don't want me to change. I don't want to lose sight of who I am now, who I have been in the past, in exchange for something serious and mature. My life will be serious and mature enough as it is, I don't need to lose my youth because I'm aging. I desire so strongly to be in control of the things I have no power over and it's a major roadblock preventing me from some serious growth. But, as a step, I've been made aware. Now is my time to start chipping away at this obstacle, until ultimately I can live my life confident that it’ll be alright without my constant intervention. If I just be me, and let my life change the way it's going to, I figure it'll all turn out okay. Cheers, readers, for being my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment